Wednesday, May 7, 2008

SWEET land


I thought I'd pass on to you this remarkable film Tanya and I watched last night. The cinematography and beauty of this film touched some pretty deep parts for me, especially as someone who grew up in the plains and will always have them as a part of him. While Tanya might have a different angle, the best part of the film for me was that even the minister and the church people found redemption (or it found them), though early in the film being terribly lost in their bondage to a form of soul-deadening Midwestern moralism.

By the way, if you are like me and have very limited opportunities to watch films and really want to make it count when you do, take advantage of Sam McKewon as an incredible resource at Grace Chapel. Sam heads up our film ministry, loves Christ a lot and is extremely knowledgeable when it comes to film. Sam can be reached at swmckewon@hotmail.com.

1 comment:

Brandi said...

I saw that movie at The Ross last year. I loved it! Good movie!