Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Update on Frank and Brian Surgeries

Here's an update from Brian Kelso on recent surgeries that he and Frank Maiorana underwent.  Frank injured his knee when we were in Mirebalais back in Feb., doing relief work together.


Mike


Hey Everybody,

I just talked with Karen and Frank’s knee surgery went very well. There was no damage to the ACL and the doctor cleaned up the knee and corrected some damaged areas. This is great news. Please continue to pray for Frank and his recovery (remember to pray for Karen too – she might need it more – trying to keep the “big dog” down for a couple of weeks.

My surgery this morning went excellent. The doctor removed the metal fixator (sp) from my right foot/leg. After surgery I was immediately walking with crutches. I praise God for this new stage of my recovery. I feel great. My goal is to dance on New Year’s Eve (and being such a bad dancer prior to my illness – no one will know the difference).

I continually thank God for His provisions to us. This has been a difficult Fall by the Lord has seen us through every situation. I want to again thank everyone who has helped us through this time. God is continually to bless us even though “we walk with a limp.”

I believe that we
have striven with God and with men and have prevailed, we have seen God face to face, yet our life has been preserved. The Lord has touched our lives for His glory and even our infirmities (walking with a limp) bring Him glory and will bring Him glory all the days of our lives!


Genesis 32


24 Then Jacob was left alone, and a man wrestled with him until daybreak.  25 When he saw that he had not prevailed against him, he touched the socket of his thigh; so the socket of Jacob's thigh was dislocated while he wrestled with him.  26 Then he said, "Let me go, for the dawn is breaking." But he said, "I will not let you go unless you bless me."  27 So he said to him, "What is your name?" And he said, "Jacob."  28 He said, "Your name shall no longer be Jacob, but Israel; for you have striven with God and with men and have prevailed.”  29 Then Jacob asked him and said, "Please tell me your name." But he said, "Why is it that you ask my name?" And he blessed him there.  30 So Jacob named the place Peniel, for he said, "I have seen God face to face, yet my life has been preserved."  31 Now the sun rose upon him just as he crossed over Peniel, and he was limping on his thigh.


Expecting Great Things from God,

Brian Kelso
 

No comments: