Monday, February 14, 2011

"Third Phase" of Hsu Bloggy Blog

Originally, I began the Hsu Bloggy Blog to give my congregation updates on how my summer preaching sabbatical was going back in the summer of 2008. Before long, the blog morphed into more of a site documenting the needs of the Haitian people, also that of my various travels to Haiti as well as that of Grace Chapel people.

While I will continue to blog about Haiti, especially when I travel to Haiti, I do believe it's time for the blog to turn to a "third phase." Now that Gene Summerlin has started a Facebook page for Grace Chapel Haiti: GC Haiti Facebook and has also become Grace Chapel's new Haiti Ministries Coordinator (e-mail: gene@gracepca.com), I will shift the attention of my blog to work I am doing on a Doctor of Ministry program at Covenant Theological Seminary (CTS). As I read my books and input journal entries, I will try to document some of that work on the blog, for those who might be interested in my travels through the program.

The program I am pursuing at CTS has an emphasis called "Faith-Vocation-Culture" and seeks to explore the various ways Christians have sought to engage the world; the role of faith as it informs the "things God has given us to do" (our vocation or "vocations"); and how the world means to be "kept" and influenced as a result.

Onto the "third phase"!

2 comments:

Bryan said...

I didn't know you were working on your doctorate. Looking forward to hearing about the reading and the journey!

Tara said...

Oh my, that's a lot of pages...good luck!