Sunday, February 12, 2012

Brené Brown on The Power of Vulnerability


This is one of the more remarkable videos I've seen in a while; it's a twenty minute commitment but well worth it. My friend and fellow Doctor of Ministry cohort member Jay Simmons sent the video, writing:

In some ways this talk strikes at the heart of my own journey within the waters that I think we all swim.  As obliquely as this may seem to strike our cohort, I also think it is...as we are fond of defining it...integral.  This strums deep chords within me.   It calls up deep desire in real life for authentic living in the reality of the way things are and the hope of the way things ought to be, are enabled to be in Christ, and will one day be in Him.  To me, Mrs. Brown's clarity is threatening to the "worldly" kingdoms my wandering heart gravitates toward, but it is also so liberating and powerful because it is calling me - as I am - to live in truth in the true Kingdom under the true King.

No comments: