Monday, December 17, 2012

In Honor and Memory of Madeleine Hsu, 6

I am simply overwhelmed at the thought of the Newtown school shootings; Tanya cried this morning and I cry now as I write. I don't even know where to start with my sadness, but since this precious girl shares my namesake (though not related to me), I'll start by seeking to honor her here.

"Those who wish to see Him must see Him in the poor, the hungry, and the hurt, the wordless creatures, the groaning and travailing beautiful world.... We are too tightly tangled together to be able to separate ourselves from one another either by good or by evil. We all are involved in all and any good, and in all and any evil. For any sin, we all suffer. That is why our suffering is endless. It is why God grieves and Christ's wounds are still bleeding" (Jayber Crow, p. 295).

1 comment:

Charlie Holt+ said...

Mike,
When I saw this beautiful young lady's last name, I immediately thought of you. Thank you for the tribute. Love you bro!
Charlie