Thursday, September 12, 2013

A Proud Papa and a Happy Day

Yesterday was a marvelous day for me; ironically enough, the day was 9/11. Grace Chapel, the church that Tanya and I planted in 2000 with folks from our mother church, recently voted on their 2nd senior pastor (to succeed me as our family is now in Canada: unaware? see the call to BC) Ben Loos received an overwhelming majority by the Grace Chapel congregation to become her next senior pastor. What can I say? I am a "proud papa." When I was on the phone with Ben earlier today, I told him, I think I am more excited for this than even you (Ben was simply humbled and sober about the whole bit- I was telling him that he needed to go out on the town with the elders of Grace Chapel and celebrate!) Praise God from whom all blessings flow! 

To hear a bit more about Ben's story and relationship to Grace Chapel, watch the 5:05 - 6:20 mark of the video below, a video that was produced by the church-planting arm of the Presbyterian Church in America last year, before we took the call to BC. I am happy.

No comments: