Friday, May 6, 2011

Done... for Now

My reading list completed, roughly 80 pages of journal notes, ... as I like to say, now I sit around "popping bon bons and drinking cokes" :-). Actually, I travel to St. Louis in a couple of weeks and spend a week getting introduced to the various doctoral program participants, expectations of the program, what I will be doing from May until January 2012 when our co-hort gathers again; in SL, I will get a better sense of what we will be doing next with all this reading- life is often an adventure, isn't it? Oh, ... some have requested to see my reading list I have been working through, so here it is:


Berry, Wendell. That Distant Land. New York: Counterpoint, 2005.

Carson, D.A. Christ & Culture Revisted.  Grand Rapids: Eerdmans, 2008.

Cosden, Darrell. The Heavenly Good of Earthly Work. Grand Rapids: Baker Academic, 2006.

Garber, Steven. The Fabric of Faithfulness. Downers Grove, IL: InterVarsity Press, 2007.

Hall, Douglas John. Imaging God: Dominion as Stewardship. Eugene, OR: Wipf & Scott, 2004.

Volf, Miroslav. Work in the Spirit: Toward a Theology of Work. Eugene, OR: Wipf and Stock, 1991.

Wright, Christopher. The Mission of God’s People. Grand Rapids: Zondervan, 2010.

Placher, William. Callings: 20 Centuries of Christian Wisdom About Vocation. Grand Rapids: Eerdmans, 2005.

Smith, James K.A. Desiring the Kingdom: Worship, Worldview and Cultural Formation. Grand Rapids: Baker Academic, 2009.


Thanks for those who have followed the Bloggy Blog so far- prayers are appreciated. If I come up with something to say from now until late May, I'll let you know. Otherwise, let me sign off (for a little while) with one of my favorite quotes from Al Wolters in his book Creation Regained: "God doesn't create junk and He doesn't junk what He creates."

No comments: