Thursday, February 4, 2010

Croix Des Bouquets

We got in about 11pm last night to Croix Des Bouquets. The drive from the DR border to Croix was a lot shorter than we thought it would be. Croix is where The Global Orphan Project has set up their transitional orphan village for displaced and truly-orphaned children. I got up and had a great oatmeal breakfast and then went out to play with the kids. I know "tubitsy" (a little) Creole and "mwe pa pali bien" (I do not speak well). I let the kids run their hands through my nice full asian hair, we play that hand game where one person's hands are palm-side-up and the other's palm-side-down and the former guy is trying to slap the crap out of the latter guy's hands. My hands are red as a lobster for letting the squirley kids get the best of me. But I love their giggles. They remind me of my kids. I gotta go eat ... hasn't happened that much the last 24hrs. so I'll try to come back and continue. Food! I'm hungry but you don't complain in Haiti. Love all you back home. Keep praying!

No comments: