Sunday, February 7, 2010

Sunday

I woke up early this morning and put on my Sunday best, looking forward in anticipation to worshipping with the Haitians.... always one of the highlights of being in Haiti. Next thing I know, a container shipment with tent supplies, poles and misc. (for massive tents, ... we're talking steel poles, stakes, hooks and the like) shows up. So Gene say, "container's here." I quickly changed out of my clothes and we got into an assembly line offloading the shipment. It was great to work alongside about ten of the orphan boys and about twenty of the people staying here at the orphanage. These orphan boys LOVE to help and they are very good workers. They remind me of my boys and how involved my boys try to be when there is a project going on. Frank Maiorana of GCA just showed up in an SUV and he will be taking Gene, Trey, Chris and me to Mirebalais where we will help with assembling a crane as well as offloading a container shipment from Miami. We're so glad to see Frank this morning. I was bummed to miss worship, but it was an "act of necessity" as the Westminster Confession of Faith says (sorry, ... a Presbyterian thing, ... how about Jesus and the oxen stuck in the ditch thing? Better? Compran?). I can hear the children and the Haitians singing from here and how great they looked going to worship as we were working on the shipment.

1 comment:

Ben Loos said...

Bro,
It's been a great Sunday thus far though you were certainly missed at worship this morning. Much love and peace from your brother who delights in sitting at your right hand. Heading off to the 'third'...we're praying for you.