Tuesday, February 9, 2010

New Day, Act 2

Today feels like a new day. I feel much better. We tried everything yesterday to make my stomach feel better ... Immodium ... Haitian Rum ... 7up ... Cipro. I think sleep, your prayers and God's grace have made the biggest difference. I'm not 100% so keep praying suplee, but I do feel better. The container with 40,000 lbs. of food did clear customs in the DR yesterday (praise God), but now we wait. This container was supposed to arrive seven days ago (this is why we were planning to come to Haiti in the first place), but has been delayed and delayed. Pray for its arrival today and that we would be able to start unloading it and distributing it today. If Act 1 was spending time with the kids at the transitional orphan village in Croix Des Bouquets, Act 2 is working on the food container here in Mirebalais. I pray to get back to feeling whole again, finding my 2nd wind and finishing strong this week. Trey, Gene, Chris, Frank and Marcel have all been terrific.

No comments: