Saturday, February 13, 2010

Ezequiel and the Historic Distric of SD

The GCA guys dropped us off at the historic district of the Santo Domingo and the adventure continued. Remember this trip began with a return trip up in the air, so we had no hotel reservation. Gene had googled a hotel in Santo Domingo and found a hotel called the Hotel Pallacio. We strung together the little Spanish we knew, walked for about 30 min. finally to find the HP. It was full. No vacancy. Evidently a cruise ship came into port today so most hotels are packed out. The desk clerk at the HP gave a few suggestions without any promises of vacancies. As we were walking out, I said, "Yo neccessito taxi aeropuerto estan cuatro y media des la mananas," which is my attempt to say I need a taxi at 4:30am. The desk clerk said to wait a second and she went out to grab a cab driver named Ezequiel and E proceeds to walk us to a hostel that is about 2/3 the rate of the HP and there are available rooms. Ezequiel then tells me he will meet me outside the hostel at 4:30am and take me to the airport. How great is that? Tran and I tipped E pretty well.

No comments: